A traditional touch to your Chanukah party table.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks margarine, slightly firm
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Sift together the flour, corn starch, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
Beat together the margarine and the sugar. Add the egg and vanilla just until incorporated. Add the dry ingredients, half at a time, mixing until smooth.
- Divide the dough in half. With lightly floured hands, shape each half into a disk. Wrap each disk with plastic and refrigerate for fifteen minutes. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a lightly floured surface, working with one half of the dough at a time, roll the dough to between 1/8 and 1/4 inch thick. Cut out with dreidel shaped cookie cutter. Transfer to lined cookie sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 12 to 14 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown. Let cool for two minutes; then remove to cooling rack. Allow to cool before icing.
- Ice the cookies with Wilton Cookie Icing. Allow to dry. Use an icing writer to draw the lines and letters on each cookie, one at a time.
- Immediately sprinkle coloured sugars on the lines and letters. Shake off any excess sugar.
- Makes approximately 3 dozen 3-inch cookies.
Chanukah Cookie Cutters - 3 Versions:
Includes 5 shapes, each approximately 2.5" tall, for just $9.50!
Includes 1 dreidel, 3.5 in" tall, and 3 smaller Chanukah shapes, 1.5" tall, for just $7! This one makes sandwich-style cookies.
Includes 3 cutters (dreidel, menorah, star of David), each 3.5 in" tall, for just $6.75!
Use ready-made, dry-hard icing to make your decorating jobs easier.
Available in a variety of exciting colours!