November 17, 2022
Oven-Fried Zucchini Latkes
- 1 small onion
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus a little for brushing pan
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Brush muffin-top cavities with some olive oil.
- Grate the onion in your food processor with the smallest hole shredding attachment, or use a Microplane.
- Grate the zucchini the same way, into the onion.
- Set the zucchini/onion mixture in a colander for a few minutes, allowing liquids to drain.
- Add the other ingredients, and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin-top pans or use a pancake dispenser, and flatten with a spoon.
- Bake for 10 minutes on one side, then flip over, and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- You can make these latkes ahead of time, and freeze them. To reheat, place frozen latkes on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and pop, frozen, into a 400°F oven for 8-10 minutes.
Makes 12 Latkes.