September 09, 2022
Apple Custard Muffins
Fall is the perfect time to experiment with different varieties of apples. Want a softer, falling apart kind of apple? Use Cortland. If you would rather have the tartness to offset the sweet custard, use Granny Smith. This muffin is perfect with a cup of coffee, but don't hesitate to use it as a sweet side dish.
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 eggs
3 apples, sliced thin
- 1 cup vanilla custard*
4 tsp. melted margarine
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Batter: Combine dry ingredients. Make a well in the center and add the wet ingredients. Mix.
- Topping: Mix all ingredients until blended.
- Line a muffin pan or two with 16 paper liners.
- Place 1 tb batter at bottom of each cup, then add 1 Tbsp custard, and 3 slices of apple. Cover with more batter. Sprinkle topping on top.
- Bake at 350° for 20 – 25 minutes.
*I buy my custard from the local bakery.
Make easy work preparing these apples with the Cuisipro Apple Corer.
Cut your apples into uniform slices with this professional mandoline.