This refreshing dish is a treat for the eyes and the palate! Makes a lovely appetizer, or a great finale to your holiday meal.
- 1 bag unsweetened frozen strawberries
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 4 large mangoes
- Pomegranate seeds*
- Blend strawberry sauce ingredients.
- Cut 4 large mangoes into neat halves.
- Slice each half into thin slices, cutting almost till the end to create a fan.
- Place one half on each plate and use your palm to push it down and open the fan.
- Pour the sauce to fill the rest of the plate, and sprinkle pomegranate seeds on top.
Yield: 8 servings
* Here's a great tip for seeding pomegranates: Using a sharp knife, score the pomegranate skin around the middle. With your fingers, pry apart the 2 halves. Then score the skin of each half vertically 3 times, spacing the lines evenly. Again, pry the sections apart with your fingers. (Do not cut through to the seeds - you want to keep them whole.) Place the sections into a bowl of water. The skin and membrane will float to the top, and the arils(seeds) will sink to the bottom. Pour off the water and you'll be left with intact seeds.
Chef'n Mango Slicester: Use this handy tool to easily core and divide your mango in half in one shot: