September 09, 2022
By Denise Levin
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- *1 tin apple pie filling (or cherry pie filling)
- *2-3 grated apples
- juice of half a lemon
- Mix all base ingredients until crumbly and pat into a flan pan with a removable base and up the sides.
- Combine all the filling ingredients and pour on top of crumbly base.
- Bake at 375° for 45-55 minutes. Allow to cool, then dust with icing sugar.
- *For blueberry tart, use 1 tin of blueberry pie filling, and 2/3 cup of blueberries.
- I made a double recipe of the dough, and used a narrow rectangle flan pan for the apple tart, and a 10 inch pan for the blueberry tart I had too much filling for the apple tart, and too little for the blueberry tart, so I made the larger pan with half blueberry and half apple filling. It was a mistake that worked out beautifully!