What could be a better ending for a summer meal than these fresh little tarts
with such amazing eye appeal?
Yields: 7 mini pies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup walnuts, crushed
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cut into small chunks, softened.
(You can use a ready Graham cracker crust if you prefer.)
Creamy yogurt filling
- 200 gr. 3% Plain yogurt
- 250 ml. heavy cream, chilled
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
(For a healthier filling variation, use vanilla Greek Yogurt.)
- Seasonal fresh fruit
Making the crust:
- Combine all crust ingredients, mix well until no lumps are left from the butter, and the mixture forms a dough.
Ideal for tarts, pastries, mini custards, molded salads or desserts! Industrial grade materials and construction ensure lifetime durability. Superior nonstick finish makes removal of baked goods effortless and cleaning easy.
- Press the dough into an even layer in the bottom and on sides of the pie pans.
- Bake the crusts for 10-15 minutes until it is just beginning to brown. Place the pans on a wire rack and cool completely.
Making the filling:
- Beat heavy cream on high speed until it can hold its shape. Add yogurt, vanilla and sugar, and beat until well mixed and all sugar dissolves.
- Spoon cream into pie crusts and smooth. Move pies into fridge for 2 hours to stiffen the cream.
- Cut fruits and set up on pies. Sprinkle granola, drizzle honey, and serve.
Add to the fruity feel and plate your mini pies on the Kate Spade Vintage Cherry Dot Hors d'Oevres Tray, pictured below: