A fun, low-fat twist on a Chanukah classic.
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup soy buttermilk (place 1 tablespoon of vinegar into measuring cup, and add enough soy milk to make 3/4 cup)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted margarine
- 1 tablespoon brandy or orange juice
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1/x teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate dessert sauce
- Wilton sugar pearls
- Wilton nonpareil sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add the liquid ingredients, and stir just until blended. Do not overmix.
- Fill each donut cup about two-thirds full. (The Wilton Funnel Dispenser is excellent for filling small cavities with batter).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the donuts spring back when touched lightly. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Blend the glaze ingredients in a small bowl. Dip each donut into glaze. Drizzle chocolate sauce onto wet glaze, or sprinkle with optional toppings.
- Makes 24 mini donuts.
Don't want the deep-fried calories? Try baking your donuts in these easy-release silicone pans.