Enjoy this fluffy honey cake - it has just the right amount of honey, without being overly sweet.
- 16 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp vanilla sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups honey
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp yeast, dissolved in 1/4 cup liquor
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Add the 1 cup sugar slowly while beating. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Beat egg yolks with the 1/2 cup sugar, vanilla sugar honey and oil. Add remaining ingredients.
- Fold into beaten egg whites.
- Pour into large roaster pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes at 325°F.
Sharing has never been so easy! Make lots of cakes at a time, to give to friends and family, (or to feed your freezer!)
Or, bake in any one of the Nordicware Rosh Hashana themed pans. Spray the pan with a flour and oil baking spray for easy release. Again, you will need to adjust baking times, according to the size of the pan. If you have leftover batter, you can bake them as cupcakes, or in above-mentioned Novacart pans.
Nordicware honeycomb pull apart pan. Sooo within theme. Your cake will look gorgeous in this pan. Use half the recipe. Our sugar bees add the final touch!