This satisfying salad can be a meal in itself. Great to pack for lunch.
Yield: 6 servings
- 20 white baby potatoes
- 3-4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. coarse salt
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 2 onions, halved and sliced
- 2 tbsp. light brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 200 gr. String beans or snow peas
- 6 radishes
- 100 gr. 3% plain yogurt
- 100 gr. sour cream
- 100 gr. heavy cream or 2 tbsp. milk
- 4 scallions, green part only, chopped
- 125 gr. feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Cut the potatoes into halves and place in a large bowl; add olive oil, coarse salt and pepper, and mix well. Place potato halves on parchment, cut side facing down. Bake for around 20 minutes till soft and golden.
- In a frying pan, heat up butter, and fry onions for 4-5 minutes, until soft. Add sugar, salt and pepper, sauté while mixing for a few more minutes until brown. Remove from heat.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add string beans or snow peas and cook for 2 minutes. Move string beans or snow peas to strainer right away, and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Mix all dressing ingredients well in a bowl.
- Toss all salad ingredients with dressing. Serve warm or at room temperature.
The red in these Guzzini Le Murrine bowls will make your potato salad pop! Pair with the Quid Novi salad servers.
...or a White Charleston dip bowl from Beatriz Ball. So much fun to mix it all up!
Prefer to pack up your salad for a filling lunch?
These SmartSeal glass containers are great to take with you! Use a larger one for the salad, and a small one for the dressing. Microwave safe, so you can have it warm at work!