Your favourite summer fruits star in this winner of a salad. Grilling them and the chicken adds an extra dimension.
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 small head romaine lettuce / 1 bag shredded lettuce
- 2 yellow nectarines
- 2 peaches
- 2 apricots
- 150 gr. purple grapes
- 1 purple onion, cut into thin slices
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 400 gr. chicken breast, cut into fingers
- Optional: sugared almonds / pecans
- 1 tbsp. oil
- ½ tbsp. vinegar
- ½ tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. honey
- ¾ tsp. mustard
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp basil
- ¼ tsp. turmeric
- 1 small clove of garlic, crushed
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
Grill your chicken and fruit in this resistant and durable grill pan with eco-friendly nonstick coating! Bakelite handle. Oven-proof to 350F. Thick cast aluminum construction. Also good for induction stoves. Grill meats, veggies, fish and more to perfection!
- To prepare the chicken and fruits: cut fruits in half and then slice into thick slices. In a large mixing bowl, put the fruits, chicken, olive oil, salt and pepper, and mix well. Oil grill pan, and heat on stove on medium heat. Place all the pieces of fruit and chicken on grill pan. When they start getting black lines, flip over and leave until done. Keep an eye on the fruits to avoid them burning or getting stuck.
- When grilling is done, place all salad ingredients in large bowl and toss together.
- In a cup, mix all dressing ingredients well and pour over salad.
Check out our assortment of bamboo bowls and servers to show off your salad. Lightweight and perfect for summer.
I love serving this salad in the individual poke bowls - mix up the colours!
...or put out this salad in a larger serving bowl. The lightweight bamboo is perfect for taking outside, and the soft colours really complement this salad.