September 01, 2022
Mini Baked Apples
A beautiful presentation to end off your meal.
Mini Baked Apples
- 2 dozen mini apples
- bread crumbs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans or raisins
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks margarine
- 7-8 tablespoons ice water
- sugar crystals
- cinnamon sticks
- Peel and core the apples.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs at the bottom of disposable mini brioche pans or ramekins. The apples should fit snugly, as they tend to shrink as they bake.
- Combine the coating ingredients in a bowl; roll the apples in the coating. Place the apples in the brioche pans or ramekins.
- Combine the filling ingredients, and place in apple cavities.
- To make the dough, stir the flour and salt together in a medium bowl. With a pastry blender or fork, cut in the margarine until pieces are the size of small peas. Add a little of the ice water at a time, and toss with a fork until all the flour is moistened and mixture starts to form a ball. Gather dough in your hands, and gently shape into a flat ball.
- Roll the dough out, and cut out leaves with a small leaf shaped cookie cutter. Reroll any scraps, and keep cutting until you have 72 leaves. (If you have leftover dough, you can freeze it for another time.)
- Place three leaves on the top of each apple, pressing down slightly. Brush each leaf with soy milk, and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar crystals. Plce a piece of cinnamon stick in the center to form a stem.
- Bake at 350° for about 35-50 minutes, depending on the size of the apple. (If the dough starts to brown too quickly, cover lightly with foil for the rest of the baking time.)
- If desired, plate with a cookie and fresh fruit.